Ronkonkoma, NY – February 2, 2022 – SIGMA Corporation of America, the US subsidiary of SIGMA Corporation (CEO: Kazuto Yamaki. Headquarters: Asao-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa, Japan) is pleased to announce the eight winners of the 60th Anniversary Student Scholarship Contest, each of whom will be awarded a $7,500 scholarship.
The $60,000 in scholarship money has been awarded to student photographers and filmmakers in each of four categories, each aligned with the core principles of the company. The four core principles upon which the contestants were asked to draw their creative inspiration are: Authenticity, Precision, Inspiration, and Honor.
The winners are as follows:
- Shelby Brewer – John Brown University (Still Photo)
- Max Hurley – San Francisco State University (Film)
- Juliette Poirier – UCLA (Still Photo)
- Justin Steele – Savannah College of Art and Design (Film)
- Eric Skadson – University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee (Still Photo)
- Joseph Kitchens – Brigham Young University-Idaho (Film)
- Mallory Grossman – American Film Institute (Still Photo)
- Sofia Ayerdi – California State University Northridge (Film)
“Witnessing the creativity, passion, and prescient interpretations of the core principles of SIGMA by the collegiate entrants of the 60th Anniversary Scholarship Contest highlights the bright future for creative expression and our industry.” reports Mark Amir-Hamzeh, President of SIGMA Corporation of America. “The body of work showcased in the winners’ gallery is a fitting tribute to SIGMA’s founder and chairman, Michihiro Yamaki and all that he stood for, and the principles upon which the company was founded, and the principals we adhere to today and into the future under the guidance of Kazuto Yamaki, the current CEO and Founder’s son. Congratulations to all the finalists.”
To view the winning entries and honorable mentions, please visit SIGMA60th.com.