Ronkonkoma, NY – February 7, 2023 – SIGMA Corporation of America, the US subsidiary of SIGMA Corporation (CEO: Kazuto Yamaki. Headquarters: Asao-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa, Japan) is pleased to announce major firmware updates for the SIGMA fp series cameras: Version 5.0 for the 24-megapixel SIGMA fp, and Version 3.0 for the 61-megapixel fp L.
Key updates include the addition of a “Warm Gold” color mode, support for 4TB SSDs, and Atomos Cloud support.
With these firmware updates, the fp and fp L are also now the first mirrorless still/cine cameras to incorporate the EL ZONE metering system created by cinematographer Ed Lachman, ASC. EL ZONE is a false-color exposure tool where standard exposure (18% reflectivity) is displayed in gray, with up to six steps of both highlights and shadows displayed in an intuitive, standardized, color-coded format to allow creators to utilize the dynamic range of the cameras to its fullest.
Additionally, Open Gate with Anamorphic Desqueeze for the ARRI ALEXA LF / ALEXA Mini LF has been added to the camera and settings registered in Director’s Viewfinder Mode; which will be a benefit to high-end filmmakers utilizing the popular ARRI line of cine products.
“The introduction of the EL ZONE metering system, along with the full roster of additional features and functions provided in the latest firmware, demonstrates SIGMA’s commitment to the fp camera series.” reports Mark Amir-Hamzeh, SIGMA America President. “With each major firmware update, the fp cameras become ever more important tools catering to the needs of the creative community.”
The firmware updates for both cameras will be available on February 8, 2023.
Major firmware update for the SIGMA fp for Ver. 5.00 and fp L for Ver. 3.00
Thank you for purchasing and using our products.
We are pleased to announce that firmware update Ver. 5.00 is now available for the SIGMA fp and Ver. 3.00 is available for the SIGMA fp L full-frame mirrorless camera.
#SIGMfp #SIGMAfpL #SIGMA
SIGMA fp / SIGMA fp L
[Benefits of the update]
SIGMA fp Ver. 5.00 / SIGMA fp L Ver. 3.00
- A new color mode “Warm Gold” is added. This Color mode creates a mellow atmosphere with subdued tones and warm colors.
- The “EL ZONE” option has been added to the “False Color” function, which displays the exposure status of any part of the screen in a color-coded manner, allowing you to monitor the exposure status of any part of the screen.
- “Focus frame only” *has been added to the information display menu in the |▢| (Display) mode setting.
* “Focus Frame Only” appears in the menu only when the shooting style in STILL mode or CINE mode is set to STILL-like.
- The camera can now be switched off even during long exposures.
- The camera is now compatible with a 4TB (terabyte) external SSD.
- Open Gate (x1.25 / x1.3 / x1.5 / x1.65 / x1.8 / x2) for ARRI ALEXA LF / ALEXA Mini LF has been added to the camera and setting information registered in the Director’s Viewfinder.
- ATOMOS Cloud is now supported. *
* Firmware update of ATOMOS devices is required to use the cloud solution provided by ATOMOS. Please wait for the announcement from ATOMOS for information on compatible devices and the release date of the firmware.
To update the firmware, please refer to the following links:
SIGMA fp Ver. 5.00
SIGMA fp L Ver. 3.00
About SIGMA fp:
About SIGMA fp Ver. 5.00 / SIGMA fp L Ver. 3.00:
About SIGMA’s color modes:
[About instruction manual]
The latest versions of the instruction manuals (PDF format) that support this firmware update can be downloaded from the following URLs:
For further information, please contact your local authorized SIGMA Service Station listed at the link below:
We appreciate your continued support for SIGMA products.